Experienced Piscataway Bankruptcy Law Firm Helps with Debt Relief
Trustworthy legal advice for New Jersey consumers who need a fresh start
Filing for bankruptcy can be intimidating, but it also gives you the opportunity to create a fresh start in your life when you find yourself unable to pay off heavy debts. Attorney Michael Otto routinely meets with clients to determine whether bankruptcy is right for them and—if so—which form best fits their needs. For more than 14 years, residents of Middlesex, Union, Somerset and Morris counties have come to the Law Office of Michael P. Otto, LLC for legal services that are:
- Ethical — We deal honestly with you, basing our recommendations on what’s best for you, not what’s easiest for us
- Compassionate — Our caring staff provides a supportive environment where you can talk about your financial problems without fear of judgment
- Dedicated — We work hard to deliver the best possible results for your financial situation
- Experienced — We know U.S. and New Jersey bankruptcy law and the procedures in the bankruptcy court. We can expedite your case efficiently, minimizing the cost to you.
Your bankruptcy options in New Jersey
If you’re wondering whether or how to file bankruptcy, we help you make an informed choice. Our Piscataway law firm has extensive experience with filings under the bankruptcy code, including:
- Chapter 7– Liquidation of assets and discharge of debt for consumers
- Chapter 11 — Reorganization of business debt to help a company return to solvency
- Chapter 13 — Reorganization of consumer debt under a manageable repayment plan
The benefits of filing bankruptcy in New Jersey
If you are facing severe financial stress, filing for bankruptcy can deliver immediate relief from creditors. As soon as you file, creditors must stop all efforts to collect from you, including collection calls, vehicle repossessions, and home foreclosures. You can even get relief from court-ordered wage garnishments related to post-judgment collections.
Reliable counsel on how to avoid bankruptcy
As a full-service lawyer in Piscataway, Michael Otto also helps clients avoid bankruptcy whenever possible. Our office negotiates pre-bankruptcy workouts for mortgages and consumer debt, such as credit cards. We assert consumer rights in cases of predatory lending. If your debt is partially due to consumer fraud, we can help you recover what you’ve lost. We have extensive experience in mortgage refinancing and loan modifications that can help you keep your home.
Contact a knowledgeable Piscataway bankruptcy attorney today
The Law Office of Michael P. Otto offers free initial consultations to all new clients. We serve people throughout Middlesex, Union, Somerset and Morris counties, and Mr. Otto is available during the weekend or in the evening on a case-by-case basis. Call our office at 732-819-7000 or contact us online to arrange your free consultation.